Re: [LUG] DDR1 memory between 200 and 400mhz, 1GB sticks needed

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 2009, Brad Rogers wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:41:34 +0100
>> Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Rob,
>>
>>> (/me thinks back to when I paid £150 for a 1GB drive and that
>>> was including a staff discount!).
>>
>> Don't know you're born!  My first HD was 52MB (yes, MEGAbytes) and cost
>> £350.
>>
>> Cue "Four Yorkshiremen" .....    :-)
>
> And this Scotsman's first personal hard drive was 5MB for use on an
> Apple ][ .. It looked like about 40 Apple floppys... I don't recall
> what I paid for it - probably something stupidly expensive.
>
> Although just prior to that, I looked after a PDP11/40 running Unix v6
> which had a 3MB fixed disk and 1.5MB removables. These were RK 11 disk
> packs... Huge - Seemed like the best part of 2' diameter. Now that was
> a computer :)
I remember them well - weighed a bit too! And I can still load a tape
with my eyes shut!
I also remember buying my first < £1 a megabyte drive for £1400 for
1.6Gig that was too big to fit inside my pc and lived happily on top for
several years
Tom te tom te tom