Re: [LUG] Etiquette was Re: And this is bad news...

Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 09:47:16PM +0100, Mark Evans wrote:
>
>> tom wrote:
>>

>>> The problem you really have tho is misuse of mail:
>>>  Send a document to 400 people on a mailing list - 10 read it and you
>>> have 400 copies in the mail store.
>>>
>> It's actually worst than that since email attachments are bigger, up to
>> twice as large, as a regular file.
>>

> As far as I am aware, Exchange stores only one copy of each message
> and attachment no matter how many people received it.

Maybe for certain 'internal' configurations and where the
sender/administrator has  specifically arranged for this.  Haven't
managed exchange since 6.5? and had to teach MS support how to fix the
damn thing too. The database was rubbish and if everyone didn't have a
copy one person deleting it could delete everyone else's copies as well.
But then if its internal like that it should be on the intranet/document
store and not the mail system.

And if its extenally sent everyone gets a copy anyway....
Tom te tom te tom