Re: [LUG] spam: [ Was Re: email]

Grant Sewell wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:07:51 +0100
> Martijn Grooten wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Grant Sewell wrote:
>>
>>> According to everyone's horror stories, I should be inundated.
>>>  Since I obviously don't have the SPAM problem, I must be doing
>>> something right.  But what?
>>>
>> Are you sure your ISP doesn't do some kind of filtering, for instance
>> by blocking connections from 'known' bad IP addresses? Depending on
>> the quality of the blacklists used, this keeps a lot of spam away.
>>

> All I can tell you is that I unticked the box on the Eclipse settings
> that says "SPAM Filter".
>
> Grant.

I hate to say it, but the only spam I get is addressed to this address,
which I use exclusively for LUG email.  I know the archive deliberately
munges addresses to conceal them, so I'm wondering if anyone such as the
admins has any ideas why this might be.

Please note I am not laying blame *anywhere*, simply asking a question.

Kind regards,

Julian