Re: [LUG] Etiquette was Re: And this is bad news...

> As far as I can remember the only place I've ever been told off for top
> posting was in this user group, so I start typing at the bottom these days
> if I remember as it's the fair enough that you all want the same format.

Top posting has been considered bad form for the last 30 years of
email usage and usenet usage.

Even in the "eternal september" most technical or clueful lists will
frown heavily on top posting along with the other cardinal sins of
* out-of-office replies to lists
* HTML (without plain text alternative)
* replying to list digest
* spamming

Of the many lists I'm subscribed too, only a couple don't frown
heavily or outright ban top-posting and those are almost exclusively
for total beginners and usually the blind-leading-the-blind because
it's so painful to read/follow/help.

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons