Re: [LUG] a strange format for a digital journal

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 11:28:59 +0100
> james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello james,
>
>>> 100% Flash.
>> But why would anyone do this? What's the advantage to the copyright
>
> Harder for the person reading to rip off the content, perhaps?
>
>> holder? It's a pain to navigate and it seems to be downloading all the
>
> I didn't find it hard to navigate at all, nor was it constantly
> downloading stuff.
>
> That's not to say it couldn't be better, because it could.

The issue I have is that it adds yet another level of complexity to the
whole thing. I already have back and forward button on my browser and a
search mechanism, why should I learn/use others?

It's also a bit slow on my 1.6GHz desktop box, and this is going to become
more of an issue as more people move to "netbook" and low-power or
portable devices.

Gordon