Re: [LUG] a strange format for a digital journal

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 13:47:43 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

> The issue I have is that it adds yet another level of complexity to
> the whole thing. I already have back and forward button on my browser
> and a search mechanism, why should I learn/use others?

Yes, indeed.  There's always a new "standard" coming along.   :-(

The latest being Silverlight.  Thank $DEITY a web site I view decided
against using it for "improved compatibility".  Probably because many
people moaned that something that was OS specific could never *improve*
compatibility.

> It's also a bit slow on my 1.6GHz desktop box, and this is going to

I hadn't noticed any speed issues.  Although that could be down to me
being unusually patient at the time (unlikely though).

> become more of an issue as more people move to "netbook" and low-power
> or portable devices.

I hate to think what that'd look like on a mobile 'phone.   :-))

--
 Regards  _

Black man got a lot of problems, but he don't mind throwing a brick
White Riot - The Clash