Re: [LUG] Lizard LUG?

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:11:00 +0100
Paul Sutton wrote:

> How much further is it from Helston to Lizard, than it is from
> Plymouth (cornwall side) to Paignton, or exeter to Paignton,  I am
> aware the roads are not that great in Cornwall, but anyone coming
> from exeter has kingskerswell to deal with, and anyone coming from
> plymouth would have Totnes to contend with,  but they still manage to
> get to meetings.

What many people don't always realise is that "the Lizard" does not
necessarily mean the town of that name.  "The Lizard" is a quite often
a generic term covering every- and any-where on the Lizard peninsula.
As Rob pointed out, it is only 11 miles from Helston to the Lizard
town... but if, lets say, the meet was to be arranged at Manaccan or
Helford - it's still only a few miles, but those last few miles are a
complete pain in the aboral-orifice!  It would be friendlier to all if
something was arranged in a slightly more central location.

Grant.