Re: [LUG] BBC NEWS | Technology | Windows 7 pricing gets unveiled

Rob Beard wrote:
> I agree, although saying that we're yet to see what might happen with
> the home version.  I mean with Office 2007 the home version can be used
> on 3 PCs (for home use only), possibly Microsoft might do this with
> Windows 7.  I've since read that if you pre-order you can get the Home
> Premium version for about £50.  If that covered 3 PCs then even I would
> possibly be interested in upgrading my other half's desktop and laptop
> which are both running XP.

Is that an upgrade price or full version?  I noticed on the Beta version
of 7 that you could only upgrade from Vista and anything else required a
clean install.  Given that I wouldn't touch Vista with a 70' cattle prod
(and the general lack of interest people have had in Vista other than
pre-installed) I wonder if they've corrected this gargantuan oversight yet.

Kind regards,

Julian