Re: [LUG] BBC NEWS | Technology | Windows 7 pricing gets unveiled

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Ok this is MS related,  but it does give us some sort of idea of when
> its due for release and the pricing structure,  cheapest is 79 for the
> upgrade,

> Lets see if as a lug we can really push the alternatives.
>
> Paul

Okay having re-read the article, it looks like the retail boxed version
of Windows 7 will only be available as a full version (rather than an
upgrade) but will be available at the same price as the Vista Upgrade
until 31st Dec 2009.  So we're looking at £80 for Windows 7 Home
Premium, £189 for Windows 7 Pro and £199 for Windows 7 Ultimate.

Not cheap but considering you can transfer the retail boxed versions
from one PC to another it could end up being a saving for those who want
Windows and change components regularly.

Personally though after my HTPC died on me yesterday I've decided to
probably ditch Vista on it and go for a MythTV box with separate Bluray
player.

Rob