Re: [LUG] BBC NEWS | Technology | OLPC software to power aging PCs

>> On the other hand, the logical extension of this is perhaps that you
>> could have "your" entire computing environment stored on some sort of
>> "ultra-portable" storage and could then use any PC just as a source of
>> CPU cycles and connectivity.  To a limited extent it's probably possible
>> to do it already.

I know I'm replying to the wrong bit of this thread, but I seem to have
lost the earlier emails, but I have a friend who does just this.

He carries a Dell mini 9 thing (Same platform as Acer Aspire One) running
XP and that's all. He uses Google apps. and Amazon storage. (in Europe)

He considers the netbook a "disposable" item as he travels frequently. He
had no passwords, etc. stored on the device itself, so if it's siezed by
US customs (He travels to the US a lot), then it's no big deal (Other than
another $300 to buy a new one)

Gordon