Re: [LUG] BBC NEWS | Technology | OLPC software to power aging PCs

tom wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 19:09 +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> ---
> While I thoroughly approve of the software I would hate to think you
> could just walk into a school/college and stick in a USB stick and do
> ANYTHING with it
> Tom te tom te tom

On the other hand, the logical extension of this is perhaps that you
could have "your" entire computing environment stored on some sort of
"ultra-portable" storage and could then use any PC just as a source of
CPU cycles and connectivity.  To a limited extent it's probably possible
to do it already.

There are obviously environments where it shouldn't be allowed, but in
the general case being able to walk up to any PC in the world and turn
it into your personal system just the same as you have it anywhere else
is a great concept.

James