Re: [LUG] email

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:11:23 +0100
James Fidell wrote:

> Dan Lewis wrote:
> > get your own domain = unlimited email addresses and then just tell
> > the domain to forward all incoming mail ending with the domain to
> > gmail
>
> And then wait for someone to fake addresses in your domain as the
> originating address for millions of spam messages and watch the
> bounces come flooding in :)
>
> James

I can honestly say that I don't seem to suffer from this problem.

I have a catch-all account, I have all my mail forwarded to my ISP
account, I collect it (POP3) and store it on my server at home, I have
specifically disabled SPAM filtering at the ISP end of things, I do not
run any anti-SPAM tools on my server or on the client applications...
and I have such little SPAM that I sometimes find it unreal!

According to everyone's horror stories, I should be inundated.  Since I
obviously don't have the SPAM problem, I must be doing something
right.  But what?

Grant.