Re: [LUG] Advice on wireless strength

Hi Dave,

Dave wrote:
> Julian,
>
> How low is the Router? -
About 3'6 off the ground with the thickness of the wardrobe (plus
clothes etc) between it and the wall.  On the wardrobe would probably
double that.  Also I did swap the aerial from the Netgear router onto
this one when I bought it as the original was 5db and the Netgear had a
7db aerial.  Standard aerials so that shouldn't make things worse, in
fact it ought to be better than the standard.
> I've tended to find when you get problems like this
> if you push the Router up higher it gives a wider reception area (try and
> see if you can get it on top of your wardrobe).

TBH it would be easier to get an aerial up there, otherwise I'd need to
extend the wired connections to my desktop PC and the printer (sorry I
should have mentioned the  built-inprint server).

Kind regards,

Julian