Re: [LUG] Advice on wireless strength

i  agree with julien, the higher the router the better. also replacing
the aerial will really help. word of warning by one from an official
company not noname chinese ones. they may look big but open them up
and it isnt. also try and bet one with as little wire as possible as
you lose about 1 db per m. lastly dont be suckered in by mimo
technology - a good 802.11g router with a good 5 db aerial on half a
meter of wire will do as well.

dan

ps minimize connections between router and aerial - and again buy from
a good company as they will use well made connectors - you dont need
gold plated or anything just well made

2009/6/18 Dave <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Julian,
>
> How low is the Router? - I've tended to find when you get problems like this
> if you push the Router up higher it gives a wider reception area (try and
> see if you can get it on top of your wardrobe).
>
> Regards,
> Dave.

Rodney Dangerfield  - "What a dog I got, his favorite bone is in my
arm." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/rodney_dangerfield.html