Re: [LUG] Hard Drives and Networking PtII

Tom Potts wrote:

> What you need is something that will allow some poor sod who has to use an MS
> package to access your LDAP setup.

Lots around.

PGina is the first one Google found.

Novell and SUN also have offerings, no idea which if any are Free Software.

I don't think much is needed beyond authentication, and running a script
at login to achieve most things, most folks need from their integration
to an authentication system.

But I think the trying to work with Microsoft software is the wrong
solution (possibly needed some times), but we should be delivering
"everything in a box" servers. That we aren't suggests we are missing a
trick, possibly by slavishly copying the way other folk do things.