[LUG] Hard Drives and Networking

Hi All

I need to buy some hard drives. I was looking at WD Caviar GP 500GB.
Are they an ok drive please?

The other thing I wanted to ask is the pros and cons of running a
network with a domain led server? I'm not quite sure if that is the
correct way to put the question! We have a network of 9 pcs, 2 macs
and a Linux file server. Sage data is being served by one of the Macs.
We currently have an intranet being served by one of the pcs. We will
be trying out various solutions to help run a locally hosted crm and
so will probably load up a pc or a mac with server software to run
something like Sugar CRM. So I wondered whether it is more efficient
instead of having "workgroup" as the group to belong to whether it is
possible to set up a server as a domain controller or something like
that?

Thanks for the help.
--
Kind regards