Re: [LUG] PCW magazine to close

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009, Martinus Scriblerus wrote:

> 2009/6/12 Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> I also had a 16032 co-processor too (or was it a 32x16 or ...) anyway,
>> some 16/32 bit chip that was going to run unix... I don't think it ever
>> did, but there you go... All my Beeb kit got stolen shortly after that.
>
> National Semiconductor? Didn't they start out as 126032 then change
> the designation to 32016 for no adequately explored reason? The basis
> of the Acorn Business Machine that was being developed at one time.

Well, quite... Lots of exciting 32 bit stuff at the time, then for some
weird reason the IBM PC got popular and we were lumbered with this 16-bit
system for too long...

Ah well.

Something to ponder about the future of telephony rather than computers:

   http://watertower.drogon.net/notes/2009/06/what-happened-to-the-future/

;-)

Gordon