Re: [LUG] SWGfL was Mounting Partitions

Rob Beard wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
>
>> In many cases, not even FTP!  We (my company) have had dealings with
>> SWGfL regarding trying to get outbound (passive-mode) FTP to a single
>> Internet-visible IP address.
>>
>> Of course, you could always submit a "change form" to them.
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> Sounds to me like they're a bunch of cowboys!
>
> I don't think I've known an ISP to sound so bad, even AOL aren't that bad!
>
> How exactly do they provide a connection, is it ADSL or some sort of
> bespoke connection (fibre maybe?).
>
> Rob

Most (if not all) schools are provided with internet via fibre - The
team I worked in installed shed loads of it in Devon for Telewest (now
Virgin Media) as part of the Evolved Ethernet/EE2 program - We covered
all the secondary and primary schools in Exeter and Plymouth, most of
Torbay, Netwon Abbott, Ivybridge.....

Most of Cornwall is the same - fibre provided by BT

Dave