Re: [LUG] Kernel 2.6.30 is out ...

Grant Sewell wrote:

>> I remember when the 2.0.30 was out,  :)
>>
>> Paul
>
> My first was 2.2.14.  Just a mere youngster. :)

I built a GNU/Linux box to run a software firewall from Seattle Software
Labs, before they did their hardware appliances as WatchGuard. From the
description it sounds like it was just Mazama rebranded.

Wikipedia tells me this was probably before September 1996, I thought it
was late 1995, so it must have been Linux 1.2 or 1.3. Mostly I remember
it being hard work, but it probably wasn't that hard, just unfamiliar
ground.

It was rock solid and worked like a dream once it was built, with a
pretty GUI for configuring the firewall.

But yeah - I'll wait for stock Debian kernels this time - call me
unadventurous - but my hardware is all working just as I like it ;)