Re: [LUG] OHP required for water cooled DIY projector project

Water cooling however is simple, admittedly fans would be used for the bulb unless I can figure out a smart way of doing things, the LCD panel would simply form the back wall of a clear plastic box, water would then be run through this box absorbing heat probably in a simple cascade form where water covers the entire surface without piping and runs down.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Max Siegieda <maxsiegieda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
not a stripped down laptop screen unfortunately, as that would require a controller card of some form which I cannot get. Instead i'm now trying to get a 13-15" monitor with a decent resolution on ebay, however if anyone in the local area has a 13"-ish monitor that will display 1024x768, or a 15" monitor that will display 1280x1024 then I would happily purchase it. Reasoning behind it is the projection area on this OHP is 10.5"x10.5", meaning a 13" monitor fits with 0.1" to spare, and a 15" could be used if programs are set to run in a window at 1024x768.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

> Thread closed, got an OHP from school for free

You're going to put a stripped down laptop screen on top of it and project
it into the wall, aren't you?

And water cool it?

Bonkers!

Gordon