Re: [LUG] A video card? (Or two)

2009/6/8 Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Adrian Midgley wrote:

> It is very nice, and has done well for years, but doesn't do that
> resolution.

Should be able to do it with analogue displays.

I had it running but with panning over a virtual display, I might go back to that, but it still misses slightly with the second display.  I could keep that for text, but even there I'd prefer to turn a wide display on its side.

I need enough cash to afford a display (or two) with DVI, and then I'll
tell you what you need.

Macro are selling them for £89
If it doesn't work I may be selling one on, also.

Recent ATI cards with DVI and open source drivers should work.

http://products.amd.com/en-us/GraphicCardResult.aspx

Suggests naively "ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2" products assuming that is PCIe v2.

Ta!

--
Adrian Midgley   http://www.defoam.net/