Re: [LUG] A video card? (Or two)

Adrian Midgley wrote:

> It is very nice, and has done well for years, but doesn't do that
> resolution.

Should be able to do it with analogue displays.

I need enough cash to afford a display (or two) with DVI, and then I'll
tell you what you need.

Recent ATI cards with DVI and open source drivers should work.

I think the idea of getting more cards in the same slot isn't happening.

ATI do some dual head DVI cards, but again I've no idea what the
software support under Debian is like.

Pumping your details in here...
http://products.amd.com/en-us/GraphicCardResult.aspx

Suggests naively "ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2" products assuming that is PCIe v2.

AMD release notes suggest they have resolved the problems with dual head
mode under Linux. So all you want is someone using one of these cards in
dual head mode to confirm it works, and if they needed to do more
fiddling to make it work, and to check the PCIe specification.

Or you could give me the 2nd monitor, and half of the problem goes away
immediately ;)

And should you want the odd 3D game, it'll be find. Although you will
probably have to plant a small forest to offset CO2 production from your
computer use.

 Simon