Re: [LUG] Im moving back to windows

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 2:30 PM, <jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> kevin writes:
>> > What do you use for Music on Windows?
>> > If I have a specialized app I need to run I usually go for a Distro just
>> > for that purpose. It can run off the "live Cd" to test it, so you don't
>> > spend hours setting up hardware or breaking your current setup.
>> > After 15 year s of nix I have just one app i run on windoze (can't live
>> > with it, Can't live without it)
>> > ie Debian64 Studio
>> > Or the various Fedora, Ubuntu dostros that just do Multimedia like
>> > MythTV or http://dynebolic.org/ (love the funky penguin)
>> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/software-installation-in-linux-is-difficult/
>> serious.
>> for
>> if
>> what
>>  began
>> music
>> them
>> useless
>> and
>> with
>> some
>> only
>> how to
>> computer
>> and
>> have to
>> and
>> ...I use this;
>> http://www.ableton.com/live
>> which is widely used at profesional level in the industry and is a really
>> easy to use and good sequancer. AFIK there is nothing that comes close for
>> LINUX...
Just another thought on this. There is an 'aparent' equivilent of Ableton,
which is 'Aurour' (which I knew about but had forgoton). I have installed
this and the other related 'JACK' software needed and just tried to run it.
I use a tutorial that I found on't'internet but failed to understand how to
use it and also tried to install Ableton using WINE but it wouldn't see the
CD that the program is on. So no progress as yet. My system now is doing
this thing where the browser window, in any program, will maximise to the
full size of the screen obscuring the desktop toolbar and the minimise and
close buttons so I can't navigate out of the window...very annoying. Is this
a known bug of Ubuntu?
JOn.