Re: [LUG] Accessing C: drive from Jaunty

On 16 May I wrote:

"I recently converted an XP box to dual-boot with Jaunty, after which any attempt to boot into Windows abort saying "file \system32\hal.dll missing or corrupt". Google reveals a thread in Ubuntu Forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7279426#post7279426) which fits the case... I posted a request there for help in locating the directory but to date have had no response. Hence I am repeating it here.

Thanks in anticipation

Michael Graaf"

With the help of Steph and Grant the gaps in the Ubuntu Forum fix were filled, and the subsequent delay was due to my own tardiness in getting partition numbering right. The Aha moment came when I noticed that Ubuntu was booting from partition 0, and it occurred to me that XP could be in partition 1, which I have just tried, and it worked. Thanks to all especially the abovenamed.

Michael