Re: [LUG] New computer: RAM, CPU

Hmm.

He's using the proprietory nVidia driver already. Ubuntu chose it for
him. It needs the older v97? driver rather than the newer v180? I tried
manually installing the latest driver set via synaptic without success -
they just didn't like the card and Ubuntu fell back to it's 640x480 VGA
failsafe mode.

I could try downloading directly from nVidia I suppose but I expect I'll
still need to use the older driver set rather than the newer one because
the card is old.

Martin