Re: [LUG] New computer: RAM, CPU

RAM & Processor is the easy part.

What about Video cards with good support for Linux? I know practically
anything will "work" but how about support for 3D?

I'm currently trying to find something to upgrade my son's Ubuntu Jaunty
which will allow him to play the Windows version of Need for Speed. He
has a working install of Wine and XP in VMWare Player - which he needs
to run MS Office so he can do his school homework, Publisher doesn't
work in Wine - NfS falls over in Wine because the 3D support fails and
VMware complains that 3D isn't enabled. He's currently running a very
old nVdia card with the "old" nVidia driver set...

Martin