[LUG] LAMP configuration

Posted by "Richard Fuller" <Richard.Fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I'm trying to learn PHP, Apache and MySql. using

Xubuntu 8.10 on a Dell Latitude 1.2Mhz 258ram Laptop

I installed Apache2, MySql, PHP5 all seemed to go OK.

http://localhost/  gets the response "It worked!"
MySql  is "Listen" state.

BUT !
FireFox can't open a php "Hello World" script.

Question:- Looking on the internet has totally confused me as to how to match Apache
with PHP. or even if I have to ! ( I assumed they configured themselves to a basic
default set up.) also there are issues surrounding Firefox opening .php files?

Why has my httpd.conf file got nothing in it ?

I'm fairly new to Linux, I'm reasonably happy to add the odd line in a .conf file
but I get spooked when I'm offered too many options.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks.

Richard
--

Generated by the contributors page