Re: [LUG] LAMP configuration

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:02 PM,  <Richard.Fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FireFox can't open a php "Hello World" script.

What do you mean by "can't open"? Did you put the script in the root
directory of your web server and then browsed to it, as opposed to
open the php file? If you did browse to it and php wasn't configured
in your Apache settings, you would expect to simply see the source of
the php document.

(Although perhaps the latest Apache is clever enough to know you're
trying to access a php file and php isn't configured/enabled.)

> Why has my httpd.conf file got nothing in it ?

Because Apache's config files are getting too big, they are now split
over various config files and httpd.conf is empty:

Martijn.