Re: [LUG] LAMP configuration

If you have access to web logs

type at the root prompt ie
"sudo tail -30  /var/log/httpd/error_log"

this will give you the last 30 lines of an error

if you get a php error you may not ahve done the php correctly ie
a line is ended with a ;

use Bluefish or Gedit as an editor and use the Syntax Highlighting

Paste the php (if it's not sensitive) and we can look at it.

Have you connected to the DB correctly?

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 22:02 +0100, Richard.Fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Posted by "Richard Fuller" <Richard.Fuller1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to learn PHP, Apache and MySql. using
>
> Xubuntu 8.10 on a Dell Latitude 1.2Mhz 258ram Laptop
>
> I installed Apache2, MySql, PHP5 all seemed to go OK.
>
> http://localhost/  gets the response "It worked!"
> MySql  is "Listen" state.
>
> BUT !
> FireFox can't open a php "Hello World" script.
>
> Question:- Looking on the internet has totally confused me as to how to match
> Apache with PHP. or even if I have to ! ( I assumed they configured themselves to
> a basic default set up.) also there are issues surrounding Firefox opening .php
> files?
>
> Why has my httpd.conf file got nothing in it ?
>
> I'm fairly new to Linux, I'm reasonably happy to add the odd line in a .conf file
> but I get spooked when I'm offered too many options.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richard
> --
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Generated by the contributors page
> in the members area at D+C GLUG
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386