Re: [LUG] Devolo

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 13:55, Mick Vaites wrote:
> >> I have used Devolo in a number of situations and have had no problems
> >> with them at all. Contrary to what Martin says I have found that as
> >> long as they are on the same meter they will work across floors and
> >> whole buildings. I have a client who has an office at the end of his
> >> garden with a separate fuse board but all on the same meter. His
> >> devolo system works fine.
>>From my faded memory of old style meters (no idea what they do today) you'd be
lucky to push anything over a few hundred hertz through them. They would
effectively be a very effective filter of all ethernetty stuff. If you owned
'the other side of the meter' - ie in a case of submetering off one that was
connected to the grid then it should be possible to put some high-pass
filters around the internal meters to allow networking over them.
Tom te tom te tom