Re: [LUG] Devolo

Richard

 >> as long as they are on the same meter

Thanks for the verification. That's what I meant. Substitute "fuse box"
for meter". Don't most houses have one fuse box serviced by their one
meter?

I've installed Netgear systems in various old buildings & Barn
Conversions and they "just work". Having said that, one location had a
similar set up to your garden office client - they had a separate
secondary fuse box feeding a new office located in their garden. The
owner claimed it was fed from a single meter but the Netgears didn't
work - in this case, we were able to run a cable through a service duct
they hadn't yet buried so I didn't look into their wiring in any detail.

My house has 3 fuse boxes, serviced by 3 meters because originally the
building was 3 separate units. Whilst testing the Netgears, I found they
only worked across the same fuse box (ie meter).

Martin