[LUG] Devolo

I have my desktop computer upstairs. My wife uses her laptop downstairs
via my wireless router (DSL G604T). She often complains about losing the
signal or it all being very slow.

I have seen a little about devolo and I wondered if anyone on the list
has it in use. It looks as if it could be useful. One possible problem,
our downstairs power plugs and the upstairs ones are on separate
circuits. At least, they have separate switches on the mains box. Would
that cause any difficulty?

TIA

Neil