Re: [LUG] OT: SW MP Allowances Spreadsheet

Shaun Orchard wrote:

> Staffing comes out of a separate allowance (I believe) which I'm not
> commenting about.

The Guardian site also includes staffing costs in their spreadsheet in
extra columns.

I agree with James, that it is not the amount, but what was claimed that
is relevant. Although the amount might be a good clue to finding abuses
or oddities.

I haven't seen any controversy on local MPs reported, except for Ben
Bradshaw's mortgage, but that seems to be Torygraph gay bashing rather
than a valid objection to how Mr Bradshaw runs his household finances.
I'm guessing those who voted for Mr Bradshaw before won't be swayed, and
those who wouldn't vote for him won't be converted to voting for him either.

As far as Hugo goes, he seems to be effective as an MP, although I
disagree with him on so many things I doubt finding that he hasn't been
defrauding the tax payer on his expenses would earn him my vote.

A thought passed through my head that this might all have been leaked to
get rid of Hazel Blears. Personally I think Gordon should make a YouTube
video in which he sacks her and send her the link - cruel but it makes a
point. Perhaps he can just link to one of Alan Sugar saying "your fired".

 Simon