Re: [LUG] Ubuntu systems now available from Landmarq (fwd)

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Dave Foxcroft wrote:

> Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> For the builders/installers out there...
>>
>> I've used Landmarq on & off for buying bits, etc. They are supposed to be
>> "trade only" (whatever that means!), but it seems they now have prices on
>> their website (so trade only means call for a price!)
>>
>> Link to their website:
>>
>> https://www.landmarq.me.uk/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=430
>>
>> Gordon
>>
> "Trade Only" - an attempt to 'side step'  UK consumer law?

I don't think consumer law applies to business selling to business who're
selling on..

But I'm no expert! I have a "trade" account with Landmarq - so I usually
need to logon to their site to get prices - I was surprised to see them
here though. Looks like they may have abandoned it all and now sell to the
masses online...

hm. Just logged on - their prices don't seem as competitive as they once
were by the looks of it...

However - nice to see a supplier sending out boxes pre-installed was the
real point of my posting!

Gordon