Re: [LUG] Standard Project API?

Tom Potts wrote:
> I've been playing with the latest FF3.5beta and Firebug1.4b27 and its is now a
> lively programming environment for HTML/CSS/Javascript.
> Theres a plugin called Firediff which shows differences between 'source' code
> (from the server) and client code (like what you and possibly JS have
> created).
> It seems to me that its a small conceptual step to turn this into a project
> management (ie save my changes to the server) tool.
> Anyone know of any already existing API's (not just webdav or svn) for this
> sort of thing that might be worth considering?

Urm, this is fairly similar to what we do with web pages at work.

We do an online web page editor (350.com) in AJAX (or is that AJAJSON),
where we just send the ID of the element on the page that was changed,
and details of the change via JSON request, and keep the server and
client view of the page in sync.

In our case we obviously keep the syncing small, and frequent.

But I'm not sure what you are driving at that is different from the
typical AJAX development model. Or do you mean version control rather
than project management?

  Simon