[LUG] Standard Project API?

I've been playing with the latest FF3.5beta and Firebug1.4b27 and its is now a
lively programming environment for HTML/CSS/Javascript.
Theres a plugin called Firediff which shows differences between 'source' code
(from the server) and client code (like what you and possibly JS have
created).
It seems to me that its a small conceptual step to turn this into a project
management (ie save my changes to the server) tool.
Anyone know of any already existing API's (not just webdav or svn) for this
sort of thing that might be worth considering?
Tom te tom te tom