Re: [LUG] XFCE

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 11:22 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have noticed some references to the XFCE set of programs.

I use the Linux Mint remix of XFCE for the lower end computers the kids
use for playing web games (no windows of any sort allowed on t'web in
this house...) and this has some advantages over, for example, the
Xubuntu remix of Ubuntu from which it is derived.

With "normal" xfce putting things onto the toolbar is a bit of a faff
about, but the people who compile the Mint Linux variant, as well as
having a *very nice* ergonomic and visually good looking desktop design
and menu stack logically laid out, have made it click and drag to pull
programs onto the menu bar which is great for users with no skills
whatsover apart from mouse button clicking >;)

Highly recommended. On my 2gh Core2duo shuttle box it simply flies
whereas Ubuntu 8.10 is noticeably a bit more hesitant when booted into,
and the functionality is all I need being a simple Luser nowadays since
health enforced early "retirement" and progressive deskilling as time
elapses!

Malcolm