Re: [LUG] XFCE

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have noticed some references to the XFCE set of programs. It seems
> that many people prefer it to KDE. I have downloaded the set of files
> for the latest version. I looks as though each one needs to be installed
> separately, eg just the file manager can be installed if wanted. Am I
> correct in thinking this please? Any suggestions, advice etc gratefully
> received.
>
> Neil Winchurst
>

> L'enfer, c'est les autres. (J-P Sartre)

Well you can install it like this but in some distros (Ubuntu for
instance) you can install the whole lot with with xubuntu-desktop (which
installs the Xubuntu desktop) or xfce4 (which appears just to install
xfce4 and related apps).

I'd assume similar meta packages would be available for other distros too.

Rob