Re: [LUG] carphone to buy tiscali

Rob Beard wrote:

> I'd have thought being with Tiscali would be reason enough to choose
> another ISP :-D
>
> Seriously though, when Carphone Warehouse took on the ISP side of AOL in
> the UK the customers were able to terminate the contract early without
> penalty due to the changes of terms & conditions.  That's what we did
> and moved to Enta (and since then we've moved to Virgin & BT).
>
> In defense of Talktalk, they're not that bad, my dad has been with them
> for over 2 years without any issues.  Sure they're not the fastest ISP
> ever but for some people it's possibly the only way of getting more than
> up to 8 Meg.
>
> Rob

I know a lot of people have had problems with tiscali but I've been with
them for 6 years and I've only had one problem and that was down to a BT
engineer who couldn't tell which pair of wires belonged to which subscriber!

I'm also with BT ( seperate business connection) -and would be happy to
go with Virgin for home use (I used to install business fiber and telco
for them)but they stop at Saltash and as I'm in Launceston....

I expect things like capping and free calls to go the same way as Talk
Talk in the near future so I may well have to go back to BT for home use
as there isnt that much to choose from.

Dave