Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

Simon Waters wrote:
> Also thinking a second antenna would be a good idea, since it removes
> the need for the electronics in the attic, reducing fire risk and
> electricity consumption
Depending where you are you may find that you don't need any boosters.
 From what I understand the digital signal is dramatically increased
after the switchover.  I did have a booster on our aerial and removed it
the other day to test it without the booster and it still works fine,
that's split to ways, one connection is going into the PC in the kids
room and the other connection goes into the lounge into the BT Vision
box (awful awful Microsoft box) and then into the TV with Freeview built in.

I can faintly pickup an analogue signal from Stockland Hill here in
Torquay (it's VERY snowy though) and my dad can get a decent enough
signal from both Stockland Hill and Beacon Hill in Teignmouth so I'd say
after the switchover you might just well get everything fine anyway.
Saying that aerials aren't that expensive, IIRC mine was about £25 or so.

Rob