Re: [LUG] OT Digital TV

george wrote:

> As a matter of interest, us yere in Brixham, and the rest of Torbay, are now
> fully digificated, which means that the signal strength has increased.  I
> took my spare telly, a modern 22" digital jobby, and plugged in a set top
> aerial and retuned.  Bingo!  A perfect picture, strength about 80% or better,
> going through 2 walls.  The picture on the main TV, from a 'proper' antenna
> is about 90%.

We've just lost analogue BBC2 in East Devon.

Eventually found the curious reset sequence on the old Digibox my dad
gave me on the Philips web site to remove the old Digital channels that
moved. So it is now in "virgin" mode again, as the instructions describe it.

> I have now ditched my order for further fancy aerials, amplifiers and
> splitters.  Mind you, TV anywhere in the house has it's down side.

I was waiting to see the effects of the switch over first, but had
planned new antenna and replacing the rest of the mess of antenna cables
and amplifier/splitter in the loft, but Digital reception does seem
significantly better already.

Analogue reception took a nose dive when I plugged the second Digibox
in, guess that is what I get for 16GBP at Tesco's superstore. I assume I
should save my pennies and buy a decent television when the current one
gets broken by Isaac. Isaac has already discovered menus for options I
didn't know our TV had just by chewing the remote control.

Also thinking a second antenna would be a good idea, since it removes
the need for the electronics in the attic, reducing fire risk and
electricity consumption.