Re: [LUG] Oil Immersion Cooling (OIC)

Tom Potts wrote:
> Two things - the heatsinks will probably not work as the liquid will be two
> viscous to flow through the thin gaps on the vanes which are designed for air
> flow - and I doubt the fan would work!
> Also with a fish tank check the silicon(?) seals do not dissolve in the
> cooling oil or you could have a bit of a problem!
>
> As an aside - you may find it cheaper to buy a new motherboard and/or cpu
> and/or ram  rather than overclock - unless you like cooking  chips while
> gaming?
> Tom te tom te tom

I don't think I'd try it myself, haven't got the room for another fish
tank (got one already awaiting some fish) I was just a bit curious.

My next project is going to be rebuilding a HP Pavillion Slimline which
is going to be a bit of a challenge.  It's got a 160W PSU and it's
fairly limited to what hardware I can put in there but I figure with an
Athlon X2 dual core CPU and low end graphics card I should be able to
make a reasonable MythTV box.

Rob