Re: [LUG] speedy distros eeepc

kevin wrote:
> Has anyone else got a speedy distro rnning in the Eeepc Just to run web
> browsing with youtube etc.  When some real work needs to be done the
> Ubuntu remix or Esypeasy is ok for the time ( but slow).

Well I haven't got an EeePC but I did for a while have use of an old IBM
ThinkPad X21 (P3-700MHz 256MB Ram) which struggled with everything
includng Xubuntu and EasyPeasy.  In the end I put Vector Linux Light
Edition (version 5.9 I think) and it flew!

Vector Linux is based on Slackware so I wouldn't recommend absolute
newbies installing it without someone to give them a hand but going on
your previous posts to the LUG I'd say you'd have no problems installing
it.  From what I remember Vector Linux is based on LXDE but it comes
pre-configured ready to go (I did try LXDE on Ubuntu but it was a
nightmare adding the applications to the menu).  I'd say it's certainly
worth a try as it's not a very big download.

Rob