[LUG] speedy distros eeepc

I have been trying for some weeks noe to find a "Speedy Distro" to run
from a usb stick on the EEE pc 1000

The current distro is easypeasy.which is fine buts occasionally freezes
I tried the Original Xandros but this was slow, and didn't have the
features my daughter is used to
( We have run Redhat / fedora for 10 years now.)

So I have found unetbootin-linux-313 which very easily puts a distro on
a usb stick and have so far got through 3 distros Mint, Puppee, DSL, but
all  have trouble with the Wirless card. which I think is an Atheros.

The best solution I have found is replacing the Card with something
linux friendly! But this is extreme.

Has anyone else got a speedy distro rnning in the Eeepc Just to run web
browsing with youtube etc.  When some real work needs to be done the
Ubuntu remix or Esypeasy is ok for the time ( but slow).

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386