Re: [LUG] new computer store in torquay

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

> Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> there is a new computer shop opening in Market street torquay
>>
>> http://www.true-computers.co.uk/
>>
>> may be worth some of us going in to see if they are willing / able to
>> support Open source software ?
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Hmm have you looked at the web site?
>
> - Windows Software Sales
>

> No mention of Linux or open source.  I'm not going to hold my breath to
> be honest after checking out the site.

Well... It's an "entry level" web site, so maybe someone here can go and
educate them on things like putting their company name & address on it (a
legal requirement if they are Ltd)

And also point out that their host seems to have registerd their domain
name in their name rather than the shops name (Assuming the shop isn't
just a trading arm of Vista Print  - hm. I suspect not - looks like their
print-shop is offering a one-stop shop for everything, including an
utterly rubbish web site!

So if the shop is called true-computers, they don't even own their own
domain name - that's generally regarded as bad practice in the UK these
days... It's registerd to a US company too:

     Domain name:
         true-computers.co.uk

     Registrant:
         VistaPrint Technologies Ltd

     Registrant type:
         Other UK Entity (e.g. clubs, associations, many universities)

     Registrant's address:
         Canon's Court%%22 Victoria Street
         Hamilton
         HM12
         BM

*sigh*

It's a real shame that punters get locked into rubbish like this. Makes me
quite angry too, although it's generally not the punters fault.

Gordon