Re: [LUG] dont run windows anywhere ever

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 01:32:11PM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/790/1051790/windows-key-hacking-os
>
> I think we might more correctly title this "don't use immature
> virtualization technologies".
>
> I'm interested if anyone has a no nonsense virtualization solution that
> they trust.

KVM and Xen seem to be the two with the most going for them (ignoring
the proprietary ones…). KVM is pretty much trivial to get running on
Debian Lenny; install the ‘kvm’ package and you’re pretty much done.
However, Xen seems to have more mature management tools. (That may
change, though, as I believe the guy who developed a lot of the Xen
stuff in Debian has now switched to KVM.)

Currently, I’d probably go for Xen, but that answer might change in the
near future.

--
Benjamin M. A'Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://subvert.org.uk/~bma/ || gpg: 0xBB6D2FA0