Re: [LUG] Made the switch to Lenny

Quoting Jonathan Holloway <jonathan.holloway@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm currently on Etch on a VPS, has anybody experienced any issues with
> upgrading to Lenny at all?
> Still haven't moved on the desktop, still on Intrepid Ibex, but good to know
> it's a good choice for older
> machines... : )

I migrated a server here at home just after the launch and suddenly
had a whole load of issues with connectivity on my home LAN as well as
issues with the server accessing the outside world for backups fo
remote machines etc.

Turns out that it was an issue with the HOMEPLUG kit I was using -
we've got a flakey power supply here and a major surge had knocked out
one of the units yet it still showed as being functional.  I'm now
trying to configure an old WRT54G in client mode to provide a backbone
for the house... <sigh />

The only other thing I have noticed is that the server appears to be
slower on the command-line than it was under etch, but as it's an old
(7 years!) laptop and not a proper server, that's probably
understandable!

M.
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace