[LUG] Made the switch to Lenny

I finally did it!

I ditched that awful orange brown Gnome desktop from Ubuntu and have
gone down the road of Debian (Thanks to LXF mag for the disc!)

Enjoying it, I must say.  Pity I can't seem to get my stupid SiS card to
play audio (malconfigured I expect, and entirely my fault - hooray!)

I've started to remember why I started using Linux in the first place:
If I want something to behave/look different - I change it.  I also
realise now (after much gnashing of teeth) how much I relied on a lot of
bloatware in the orange distro.  Debian is just way quicker on my weedy
old Inspiron 1000 lappy.

Oh, and yes.. I have discovered that the advice I didn't take many moons
ago about a separate /home partition was a really silly thing to
ignore.  Live and learn!

Anyhoo, loving Lenny so much I just had to tell you all!