Re: [LUG] suspend was Re: Moblin now booting in 16 seconds

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 16:48:49 +0100
Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 02:56:28PM +0100, Henry Bremridge wrote:

> > > I tried that for the first time - veryy quick indeed. But no
> > > Firefox stored tabs.
> > >
> > How do you get Suspend to Disk working on a desktop? (Debian
> > running lenny)
>
> Install the ‘hibernate’ package; that gives you a hibernate command
> which tries several different methods.

Hibernate package installed on my Ubuntu 8.04.2 laptop... both
hibernate-ram and hibernate-disk fail.  The reason?  I am using
nVidia's own 'driver' rather than the Free one.  It's in the list of
modules blacklisted for removal when hibernating of any kind.

When I can be bothered, I'll try doing so using the Free nVidia
'drivers' and see if it works any better. :)

Grant.