Re: [LUG] Mobile broadband

John Hansen wrote:
> I have unsuccessfully tried using an USB modem with T-Mobile
> on my EeePC. I note that other mobile companies also disown
> Linux. Is there one that works with Linux?
>
> John

I can confirm both the Three e220 and the Vodafone Pay As You Go dongles
work on Linux (well Ubuntu 8.10).  I don't think it's a case of the
mobile provider not supporting it, it's more of a case of  support in
the OS.  You may find that you have to hack together some WVDial scripts
to get it to work.  As I haven't got an EeePC I can't really advise.
Maybe you could try a USB stick with Ubuntu 8.10 on it?

Rob